Help! Just acquired Caimito, Pitaya, Rollnia, Guanabana, and more

GrowItFromSeed(11b)September 27, 2013

In this picture you can see:

A cacao tree and black zapote tree that I purchased today for about $2.25 total.

A pitaya cactus, a caimito, two candongo (rollnia,) a grafted mango tree, and two guanabana, that were all gifted to me by a cool guy named Mauricio whom I met on another forum.

If anyone has any growing instructions for any of these varieties, I would much appreciate the recommendations. I am a newbie and I feel like I just got a huge introduction to the hobby. Now its time to go to work!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soaht(Central CA 9B)

Nice assortment of plants to start your new hobby with. Very nice of the guy to have gifted you with those free plants. The rollinia is said to be one of the best annona species and it taste like lemon meringue pie. The pitaya is very refreshing and sweet, well this depends on the variety it is. Some are less sweet than other and have watery flavor. It's best to severed them cold out of the fridge chilled. Black sapote is sweet and the inside flesh of fully ripen fruits look like chocolate pudding, however, doesn't actually taste like chocolate at all. Sorry, these are just what I read about them and haven't actually tasted any of the fruits from the variety of trees you have, except mangoes. Mangoes are available everywhere and there are so many varieties, with all kind of different flavor profiles and texture.

Bookmark   September 28, 2013 at 4:10AM
More Discussions
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Avocado Emergency-indoor gardener
Avacado with established roots and shoot, knocked over...
thumbsvert
Gac harvest
just finished my harvest of gac fruits
bitepourrie22
Kesar Mango
Have you guys heard of Kesar Mango from India. I would...
mangobaby
Passiflora "Edgehill" or "Black Knight" wanted
According to California Rare Fruit website, Passiflora...
sapote
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™