greetings all

kliddle(6b)December 11, 2007

new to garden web and just today found the Utah page. will try to contribute often. it is good to have a support group for any addiction.

with the forum was more active. i will spread the word (you can do the same).

seems like a few of you know each other so i will tell you all about me.

first name is kendal. i am 35, male, married with 4 kids. live in the harvard/yale area of slc (just south of the university). graphic designer by trade. love gardening, though my yard is a work in progressÂbought the house two years ago and am remodeling. the wife gets upset if i spend too much time in the yard when there is so much to do inside. front is 3/4 done, the back will one day be a formal kitchen garden. the formal fountain/pond is in, but looks somewhat out of place in the wreckage and desolation we call the back yard. hope to make some progress next summer. i am interested in anything green from orchids-local natives. i am the type of guy who comes home from vacation/business trips with seeds i found. i also have a passion for water gardening and ornamental goldfish (japanese ranchu). i plan to get some bees in the next few years.

would love to meet others with similar interests to share seeds, divisions and information.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stevation(z5a Utah)

Great to have you here, Kendal! Yeah, the forum's been pretty dead since about mid-summer. We were in a pretty good groove last winter, and I suspect people will start coming again when they are thinking of spring planting ideas and such. I also participate on the Rocky Mountain Gardening forum here at GW, and it's a very active forum with a lot of friendly, helpful people.

Steve

Bookmark   December 12, 2007 at 12:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bryan_ut(z5UT)

Kendal, welcome. I too am planning on adding bees this year. I hope to do comb honey, regular honey and pollen. Jones' in SLC is a good place to start. I have been flower farming for the past 15 years or so. I do several farmers markets and sell wholesale. I also am starting a CSA this year.

Steve, I too hope this site gets busy again. All the web sites I watch are slowing down (daves, prarie.net). I am not sure why.

Good luck to all!! Happy New year!

Bryan

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
Himalayan Blackberry
Hi all, I recently moved to South Jordan. I purchased...
snerrskin
Anyone growing Goji berry (Lycium barbarum)
Hi: Trying to find people who actually grow this fruit....
gardenfreak
Rosemary
Anybody have luck keeping rosemary through the winter?...
wfpineda
Tree browser
Just thought I'd send this great link from USU extension...
Kari Olar
Weed prevention and where to buy mulch in Utah Co.
First time homeowner and brand new to gardening. Going...
new2guardening
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™