Daylilies!

Lynn MarieJune 21, 2014

I have a couple more than haven't bloomed yet, but I thought I'd share what has bloomed already. I don't know the names of any of them. Sorry! From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies From Daylilies

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

What a collection of gorgeous GORGEOUS blooms!!!! I think the second one might be Kwanso, a very old, double, sterile variety. The color and petal shape always make me think of fire. It's the only daylilly that I know the name of ... :-)

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 5:15PM
marti8a

Ooooh, pretty! Are they in full sun or shade? Mine are blooming right now but they aren't happy in the sun.

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 6:51PM
jolanaweb

Oh boy, they are sooo pretty , I love daylilies!

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 8:31PM
bossjim1

Wow Lyn, you have quite a variety of colors, and they are really pretty!

Jim

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 7:36AM
castro_gardener

LynnMarie, VERY pretty daylilies ! They are a favorite plant of mine and I have many that our blooming this year for the first time also. Last year I attended a plant sale where the daylily society was selling some, but they also had some free seeds, so I grabbed as many as they allowed me. They were crosses of named varieties, but we don't know yet what they will look like, so I will get to name them myself ! Can't wait to see what they will look like!

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 2:27PM
Lynn Marie

Thank you all for the nice comments. And thank you Roselee for the name. Marti, some are in full sun and some are in full shade (accidentally), and some are in between. It seems the ones in more shade are blooming later, but it could also be the variety. I tried to keep the red, yellow and orange in the front and the pink and purple in the back, but I failed. My beds are so confused.

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Has anyone checked out the best place to get flagstone ....
Has anybody checked out the best place to get flagstones...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Lady Banks on roof
Lady Banks, Old Blush, and Mermaid (not yet blooming)...
catheyz8rr
Rusty blackhaw viburnum spacing to fence
Intend to train this small RBV (Viburnum rufidulum)...
bostedo
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
Is your Satsuma loaded this year?
Mine isn't, but there's one pictured on the Texas gallery...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™