Sharing Seeds - Fairfax City

jennied0212(7)July 25, 2005

Hi,

Any other Fairfax City folks out there? I have a perennial garden with lots of seeds to share - Black-Eyed Susan, bee balm, irises, morning glory, passion flower vines, trumpet flower vines, native virginia honeysuckle, mint, sage, and what I think is an enormous perennial outdoor hybiscus... lots of shade ground cover, and more. I'm looking for echinachea and cleome seeds.

Hope to hear from you!

Jennifer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee_bridge

This doesn't involve trading but you may find it useful. In the case of Cleome seeds I found some at a dollar store in Fairfax. If you know where Hudson Trail Outfitters is on Arlington Blvd. in Fairfax, right next to the Blockbuster is a small dollar store which has a large bin of various seed packets 4/$1.00. I was there about a week and a half ago and they had a lot of Cleome. Sometimes the seeds offered in stores like this are from the previous year but the other types of flower seeds I bought there have germinated.

Bookmark   July 25, 2005 at 12:14PM
jennied0212(7)

Wow, that is really useful, thanks!

Bookmark   July 25, 2005 at 5:46PM
CottageGal(6 Virginia)

I have cleome pink and purple to send you. If you still have Irises, I would love some. If not I will be happy to send the cleome seeds anyway. I am between zone 7 and 6.

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 3:08PM
heyruthie(z7 NOVA)

I'm in Fx City, and I just shot you an email. I'd love to meet!

Bookmark   January 17, 2006 at 5:02PM
tkhooper(7)

Hi,

I'm down in Triange but would love to trade. I have the white cleome seeds and would like to trade for the passion flower vine if you would like. I have a minimum of 20 seeds per package.

Bookmark   March 5, 2006 at 11:08AM
jennied0212(7)

Hi all,

The gardens are back, and I wondered if anyone wants to get together for a mutual garden tour/plant exchange, whatever. I work from home now (yeah) so I have time during the week if anyone wants to get together. Of course, I don't have any seeds yet (unless you see something you know how to gather seeds from).
Let me know if interested. - Jennifer

Bookmark   May 5, 2006 at 8:08AM
More Discussions
wanted: va swap/garden visit june 7-accomcac va
We're having a swap/get together on the Eastern Shore...
daylily
HAVE: red bee balm
Have some red bee balm to trade or just give away.....
coppertop367
HAVE: Paw Paw seedlings and Gojiberry seedlings
I have a couple of Paw Paw seedlings and Gojiberry...
charlieboring
HAVE: 2nd Annual DelMarVa/Tidewater Get Together/Swap
Our 2nd annual get together/swap for DelMarVa/Tidewater...
daylily
HAVE: Purple Rose of Sharon Tree/bush
It's about 2 years old I think, and it came with the...
kesflower
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™