WANTED: Norfolk Plant Swap
THE FRED HEUTTE CENTER
Saturday, October 7th, 2006
SWAP: 9AM Â 12 NOON
SALE: 12 NOON Â 2 PM
You are invited to participate in the Fred Heutte Center Plant Swap on Saturday, October 7TH, from 9AM Â 12 NOON. A general plant sale will follow.
If you have any excess trees, shrubs, houseplants, or perennials, pot them up and bring them to the center. [Click here for directions to the center!] At the exchange, you will be able to swap your plants with others, one-for-one!
Plants not exchanged will be available for purchase at $2.00 per pot from 12 NOON until 2PM to raise funds for the center. One-for-one swapping ends at 12 NOON!
Come join in on the fun!!!
FRED HEUTTE CENTER PLANT SWAP RULES
The rules are very simple:
1. Pot up any excess plants (perennials, houseplants, etc.) which you may have in a 1-qt or larger size plastic pot.
2. Supply this following information on the pot:
a. Plant common name and genus/species/cultivar name, if known
b. Plant requirements (such as light, water, soil); if you donÂt know these, bring the plants anyway as weÂll have seasoned gardeners who can assist you in identifying your plants.
3. Trading is simple! No price value will be placed on any of the plants - you bring in 3 pots of plants, you take home 3 pots of plants! There is no limit on the number of pots that you can bring to exchange.
4. All swapping will end at 12 NOON. Plants not exchanged by NOON will then be available for purchase until 2PM. Proceeds of sale will go to the Fred Heutte Center garden fund.
5. Participants with four or more pots are asked to donate one pot to the Heutte Center.
Visit us online at
Visit our weather station in Ghent Square at