When does Agastache Cana 'Rosita' poke through in VA?

summerstar(Z7VA)March 22, 2009

Last fall I planted two Agastache called Rosita because they're drought tolerant. The Solidago called Golden Fleece that I planted at the same time is coming up and looks vigorous, but the two little Agastaches aren't doing anything. I'd be sooooo disappointed if they haven't made it. I covered them up with evergreen boughs and piled a little more mulch a little close to the stems to protect them. I have the regular type of Agastache coming up now but maybe this particular variety is slower. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anybody out there grow it in Central VA?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunny631(7B)

I don't have any answers for you but I was curious if they perked up any in the last 2 weeks or so? I have never grown them before.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 7:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
summerstar(Z7VA)

I have two of these. One is showing some tiny leaves coming from the main stems. The other is doing nothing. I emailed the grower in New Mexico and they were very nice, saying that they would replace whatever doesn't grow. I'm really interested in this plant. They're gorgeous on the growers website. What's great is that they don't require much water once they're established. I'm trying to eliminate flowers that need a lot of water. We've been experiencing a lack of rain in our area just a little south of Charlottesville, so I'm looking for plants that can handle less water. If you're interested, I can post a link to the growers website so you can look at the plant. It's color is a purplish-red and grows rather bushy, with lots of flowers throughout the summer.

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
Blueberries in fredericksburg
I'm looking to plant bb in the burg. Have prepped the...
gastone21
Planting Garlic in Northern VA
Friday, 10/17/2014, I prepared a new area and expanded...
charlieboring
Hard Water for Container Plants
I have a few citrus plants/trees and pomegranates I...
WrittenOnWater
When is it time to start planting lettuce and endive?
I'm in the NOVA area of VA and wanted to know when...
dhd47
Fuyu Persimmon Tree in Norhtern VA
My Fuyu persimmon tree had its best year ever in 2014....
charlieboring
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™