Gardening classes in Northern VA?

takadi(7)May 28, 2009

I'm interesting in expanding my knowledge as an amateur gardener and getting into things like no till and cover crop gardening, and other things. Where are some good resources to sign up for classes and such?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardener_sandy

Check with your local extension office. I'm sure they hold Master Gardener classes but you'd need to be willing to give back some volunteer time to be qualified for them. Many of the extensions offer classes for the public, too. They should know if there are any horticultural gardens or nurseries that provide classes. If you can come to Richmond, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has many classes every year. Here are a couple of links for you:

Extension offices in VA
http://www.ext.vt.edu/offices/

Lewis Ginter
http://www.lewisginter.org/

Sandy

Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 11:15AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyn427 (zone 7)

Although it sounds as if you are looking for something more advanced, many of the nurseries in northern Virginia offer seminars/classes frequently. I have been to several at Merrifield gardens and I know Campbell and Ferrara and Behnke's have classes as well. Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria is another resource-their folks are very knowledgeable. Good luck. Cynthia

Bookmark   July 16, 2009 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Blueberries in fredericksburg
I'm looking to plant bb in the burg. Have prepped the...
gastone21
Paw Paw and Gojiberry Seedlings
I have a couple of paw paw seedlings and two gojiberry...
charlieboring
Pomegranates This Winter
I'm wondering if there are any particular strategies...
drmbear
Wanted: Gardeners with vision
Hello, I am writing a book about the gardens I am doing...
flowercutter
organic container gardening
I need sources nurseries for organic container garden...
laffanyway
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™