Pine Bark Fines sources

loamyz8vaJuly 14, 2011

I'm in SE Virginia, AKA Tidewater. I haven't seen the question here, but in case anyone is looking for potting mix constituents, I've had success at 2 places. The first I can't tell you the name of; it's a mini-mart that has a small fenced-off area of plants - generally good quality, but small selection. They carry the pine bark fines in 2 cu ft bags that run about $4. Find the store in Bayview (Norfolk), at a "V" shaped intersection of Bayview Blvd and Fishermans Rd. You'll see on the satellite picture of MapQuest that you can turn into the parking lot from either road. Approach by Chesapeake Blvd, or if you are familiar with the area, Old Ocean View Rd. might be preferable.

The other place is Pioneer Southern, AKA Good Earth Organics, 310 Kenyon Rd in Suffolk. 757-539-7489. They sell wholesale generally, but I got some leftover bags off-season a few years ago. I think this could be a place to try if you want it by the yard. Or maybe they would steer you to their retailers. I had no luck getting a call back after leaving a message off-hours last week, then found it at the place above; I suggest trying them early in the day when someone might pick up.

More Discussions
Virginia Cooperative Extension needs your help!
VCE is updating its program that helps Virginia residents...
Susan_R
new to Hampton Roads
Hello out there, I left my gardens in Ohio for a new...
abbiejan64
Planting Garlic in Northern VA
Friday, 10/17/2014, I prepared a new area and expanded...
charlieboring
Where in Virgina should we move to? Please help.
I know this is a bit of an oddball topic, but I'm a...
pequafrog
Fuyu in Northern VA
My fuyu persimmon tree shown in the picture had a great...
charlieboring
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™