UPDATE: mnf:July - made in the usa
Okay, here's the new thread. I'm reposting the rules too. The August swap has been posted and is seeking players, so let's do what we can to get this one wrapped up, okay? But most of all... have fun and speak up! (and will someone get that bottle away from Linda? she's had enough to drink for awhile...)
The purpose of this RR is to make some new friends AND showcase our communities. Everywhere we live, there are unique places and unique items.
Posey County, IN: Mellons. Central Arkansas: soapstone for sharpening knives. Tucson, AZ: turquoise. North western area of MI along the lake: Petosky stones. Hershey PA: what else, CHOCOLATE! Maine: lobsters. Florida: shells (and if you can bottle it, sunshine). In my area of NC: Richard Petty and a wonderful pottery industry. You get the picture.
Here are the guide lines. (some people have an aversion to rules I understand)
1) Sign ups will be until July 2nd. If this is your first RR, please contact me first so that we can make sure you understand your commitment.
2) Partners will be announced on July 4th.
3) Boxes should be mailed to partners no later than July 15th.
4) Include at least 5 types of plants and and some seeds for summer/fall planting.
5) Include the recipe of one of your favorite summer time dishes and if possible, the non-perishable ingredients to make that dish.
6) Include at least two things from your local area that your area is famous for.
7) Fill the box the rest of the way with things you would like to get! (chocolate does not ship well this time of year folks!)
8) Everyone should use a box at least the size of a flat rate ship box (not the video box....).