Mango help

deyzzmalNovember 20, 2010

Hello, im in need of some help. i have a Irwin mago tree,it is a little over 4 feet and skinny, it has direct sunlight all day, and I water it every 3 days. I started to get scales under the leaves and brown spots, I talked to the nursey and they suggested Organocide and soap and treat for ants. I used it 2 times over a 2 week period less then recomended the scales are still there but i have seen a reduction due to the ant probelem but the brown spots got real bad almost burnt looking with some leave getting brown tips too(not sure how to post pics) i Lost about 13 green healthly looking leaves in the second week, i have not used the organocide since. I got the mango tree back in june and have on used Sunniland fruit fert 6-4-6 once.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluepalm

Malathion nukes scales on mangos. Doesn't seem to affect the tree.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 2:30PM
swrancher

I'm not much of a fan of organocide based upon my own experince with the product. I tried using a premixed Organocide spray bottle on a sugar apple tree that had some scale. It seemed to not do that much against the scale but it really badly affected my tree.

As your tree is still small I suggest you simply scrap them off it yourself one by one over a few days and then spay with a soap spray to get any eggs. If instead you go the bug spray route, I have pretty good results on Mango scale with either Malithion or Sevin.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 11:21PM
marinfla(10 South Florida)

You can use a tooth brush to scrape the scales off with soap spray it works wonders. I have also used Neem oil.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
WTB Wax Jambu, Star fruit and Barbados Cherry cuttings
Want to buy (WTB) cuttings of the following plants Star...
poetie
Sugar Apple Leaf Problem
Hello all; can you tell what is the issue with my Sugar...
BahamaDan ZTropic
Where to purchase Seedless Guava Tree that ships to CA?
Hello everyone, last month, my uncle brough me two...
simon_grow
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Avocado leaves dying
I've been growing two avocado plants for about 10 months...
leuconoe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™