Mango help

deyzzmalNovember 20, 2010

Hello, im in need of some help. i have a Irwin mago tree,it is a little over 4 feet and skinny, it has direct sunlight all day, and I water it every 3 days. I started to get scales under the leaves and brown spots, I talked to the nursey and they suggested Organocide and soap and treat for ants. I used it 2 times over a 2 week period less then recomended the scales are still there but i have seen a reduction due to the ant probelem but the brown spots got real bad almost burnt looking with some leave getting brown tips too(not sure how to post pics) i Lost about 13 green healthly looking leaves in the second week, i have not used the organocide since. I got the mango tree back in june and have on used Sunniland fruit fert 6-4-6 once.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluepalm

Malathion nukes scales on mangos. Doesn't seem to affect the tree.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 2:30PM
swrancher

I'm not much of a fan of organocide based upon my own experince with the product. I tried using a premixed Organocide spray bottle on a sugar apple tree that had some scale. It seemed to not do that much against the scale but it really badly affected my tree.

As your tree is still small I suggest you simply scrap them off it yourself one by one over a few days and then spay with a soap spray to get any eggs. If instead you go the bug spray route, I have pretty good results on Mango scale with either Malithion or Sevin.

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 11:21PM
marinfla(10 South Florida)

You can use a tooth brush to scrape the scales off with soap spray it works wonders. I have also used Neem oil.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Lara Farms Nursery??
Anyone familiar with this Florida nursery that can...
ohiojay
Do any of you use grow light in winter time
I move all of my tropical fruits back in basement during...
ankur1016
I'm in heaven this fine morning!
Well fellow tropical fruit growers, I am in heaven...
msmorningsong
Maridol Papaya with large fruit growing in Hayward/SF bay area.
Grows On You.com has a photo posted by "Delonix" of...
stanofh
Hak Ip Lychee Blooming SoCal
Last year i decided to plant 3 lychee trees here in...
grox200
Sponsored Products
Derby Woven Leather Rug 4' x 6' - HEATHER
$1,169.00 | Horchow
Way Basics Modular 6 Cube Bookcase - PS-MC-6-WE
$119.99 | Hayneedle
Thermocast Kitchen Wyndham Drop-in Acrylic 33x22x9.25 4-Hole Double Bowl
Home Depot
Derby Woven Leather Rug 4' x 6' - SADDLE
$1,169.00 | Horchow
White Frozen 'Family Forever' Backlit LED Montgomery Headboard
$224.99 | zulily
Sterling Vista Pivot II 1500D-42S 42W x 65.5H in. Pebbled Glass Shower Door Mult
$598.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™