Guava Fungi?

gnappiNovember 9, 2011

I have two guava with a fungus of sorts with BOTH sides of the leaves affected. The top side has a black type while the bottom is a white type.

I've sprayed with copper, and Neem. I heard that a "sulphur" spray will work to kill it but I haven't found a sulphur spray locally.

If the pics don't come out, here's a link to the host page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnappi2011/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
murahilin(10 fl)

The top looks like sooty mold and the bottom looks like the result of white fly.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 11:58AM
gnappi

I thought it was sooty mold and white fly. I guess Since Neem has been inefective I'll have to try insecticidal soap, then Volck oil. Thanks.

If anyone has other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 9:52PM
boson(Delray Beach,Florida)

Hi,

A few years ago I had some small Garcinia seedlings. Their leaves became black on both sides. I read about this milk-solution (I prefer organic stuff). I drenched the seedlings and rubbed off all the black sooth (it's was very sticky and hard to get off). I repeated the treatment a few times, and eventually the plants perked up. From your picture it looks the same that my Garcina plants had.

Tomas

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 10:36PM
bsbullie

When I go to your host page and zoom in, it appears I can see a couple whitefly on the leaf. Be careful with Volck, or any oil, as it can cause burn damage in the Florida sun (plus may not be that effective either). Whitefly can at time be difficult to control, especially when it migrates from another local source/host. Did this just start ? Do you have any other plants around with whitefly ? Sometimes the best control for whitefly are its natural enemies, and insecticides can kill those beneficial insects.

Rob

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Rehabilitated Mango
Hello; this is a mango that has been in our yard for...
BahamaDan ZTropic
Sugar Apple Leaf Problem
Hello all; can you tell what is the issue with my Sugar...
BahamaDan ZTropic
Old problem with Miracle fruit plants
Hi everyone here! I've been trying to grow miracle...
swfx
Sick Passionfruit Leaves
Hi Any clue about this leaves disorder? It looks like...
jalilu
when mexican mangoes reach peak season?
i have a chance to go to mexico and i wanna go when...
poch1989
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™