Found great composting resource

pyropunk(Gauteng)February 5, 2009

Hey All

I found a great composting resource on the web. Even though it deals with vermicomposting only in passing, it has great advice on how to create and maintain your composting system(s).

I have learned a lot by just browsing. Just imagine the stuff I could learn if I actually studied it ;-)

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: The Science and Engineering of Composting

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orgarden

I found a great vermicomposting website. Vcompost.com. I started a bin using the information and I can't believe the results. I used it to top dress my yard like it said on the site and my lawn is now thick and dense, when before I had bare spots. It is also a lot easier to maintain the bin, since you don't have to turn it over. It also produces the vermicompost which is much higher in nutrients than compost. Also I keep mine in my garage, so I don't have to go outdoors, which is really nice in the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: vermicompost guide

Bookmark   February 5, 2009 at 10:33PM
billhill(z5 MI - KBG)

Orgarden - You are incredible. All your posts since you recently registered give the same message. STOP mongering these forums promoting your commercial enterprise website.

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 7:08AM
pyropunk(Gauteng)

ogarden,

Vcompost.com is almost entirely useless. All it tells you is how to build a bin. 1000 other sites tell you to build the same thing. None of the other links work.

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
How many worms
I am starting my first worm bin out of a 18 gal tote....
brad71
Worms and Burlap
I understand there have been many posts on burlap....
hummersteve
Wierd goings on
2 bins. One has vent holes along the sides the other...
greengrass12
cow manure
I've always heard about horse manure but I've only...
chazz1100
I've Got Worms!
In my cold Worm Inn. Lots and lots of squirmy worms....
equinoxequinox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™