Found great composting resource

pyropunk(Gauteng)February 5, 2009

Hey All

I found a great composting resource on the web. Even though it deals with vermicomposting only in passing, it has great advice on how to create and maintain your composting system(s).

I have learned a lot by just browsing. Just imagine the stuff I could learn if I actually studied it ;-)

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: The Science and Engineering of Composting

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orgarden

I found a great vermicomposting website. Vcompost.com. I started a bin using the information and I can't believe the results. I used it to top dress my yard like it said on the site and my lawn is now thick and dense, when before I had bare spots. It is also a lot easier to maintain the bin, since you don't have to turn it over. It also produces the vermicompost which is much higher in nutrients than compost. Also I keep mine in my garage, so I don't have to go outdoors, which is really nice in the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: vermicompost guide

Bookmark   February 5, 2009 at 10:33PM
billhill(z5 MI - KBG)

Orgarden - You are incredible. All your posts since you recently registered give the same message. STOP mongering these forums promoting your commercial enterprise website.

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 7:08AM
pyropunk(Gauteng)

ogarden,

Vcompost.com is almost entirely useless. All it tells you is how to build a bin. 1000 other sites tell you to build the same thing. None of the other links work.

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
Maybe "the end IS near"?
Has everyone gone away? Lots of regular posters seem...
CarlosDanger
Coffee grounds and pine shavings?
I've ordered a pound of worms (E. hortensis) and have...
fireweed22
Air: Pump + Stone
How about a 5" airstone disc with a small (for...
barbararose21101
Food stock variety
Found this online in a university research paper on...
charitycomposter
Still searching for "vermi-eden"..........
...... one old place gone..... chuckiebtoo Moderation,...
chuckiebtoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™