Waiter, There is a Worm on My Coaster!

equinoxequinoxApril 19, 2013

In lieu of tablecloths and cloth napkins restaurants seem flooded with coasters advertising beer even to their 3 year old patrons. If your party is the type to dribble a few drops of fine wine onto their coasters or even if not, it is not as if they can use the same coasters for the next party, Linger a bit and slip your table's worth into your pocket. If there was a brown in the running for favorite worm food opposite the green of watermelon pumpkin than coasters would be your lucky pick. .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chuckiebtoo

Coasters sound cool, but as a verified lover of voracious consumption of beers, my discretionary budget spending limits precludes that means of gathering browns.

Bedsides, my worms love, and are addicted to, the consumption of corrugated cardboard and the glue that causes it to be corrugated.

Chuckiebtoo

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 11:09AM
PRO
equinoxequinox

See! The forum is funner with chuckiebtoo!

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 7:33PM
CCvacation

Chuckiebtoo, do you shred your corrugated cardboard, or just toss it on top as protective bedding?

My aunts are natural composters, themselves. At wedding receptions, they used to sulk near the buffet line and shove food into baggies they hid in their overly large purses. I'd like to think the only weddings they did that at were ones they were invited to.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 12:27AM
chuckiebtoo

I've used corrugated cardboard all ways: shredded, unshredded, and......that's it, I guess.

Sometimes just use a small corrugated cardboard box AS a worm bin inserted into a regular bin and let them eat themselves out of house and home.

I use a lot of clear plastic shoebox-sized plastic totes (more on that later) and line them with corrugated c'board to block out light.

Chuckiebtoo

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 8:06AM
CCvacation

Yes, please. I think that would be a perfect bin size for little kids to be 'in charge of.' There seems to be interest in the shoe tote bin... Could you maybe elaborate more on it in its own thread?
-how many worms to start
-aeration
-stackables for moving up, perhaps?
-drainage
- directions on what type of shoes should be stored in there

Oh, drat it all, I'll start it, and you can be the hero and answer me. How's that?

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 2:32PM
More Discussions
Our new home, seems to me, needs new blood. So...from square one.....
.......one of my old beginner vermi-blogs. http://wormscan.blogspot.com/...
chuckiebtoo
Greens vs Browns
I've done standard compost for a while now and I just...
duaroger
I Still Need Help For My Kitchen
The Garden Tower Project would seem to be of interest...
equinoxequinox
Wierd goings on
2 bins. One has vent holes along the sides the other...
greengrass12
How many worms
I am starting my first worm bin out of a 18 gal tote....
brad71
Sponsored Products
Chilewich Lounge Placemat - Set of 4 - Chilewich
$60.00 | HORNE
Navy Tribal Stripe Coasters - Set of 4
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
Personalized Round Coasters - Set of 50, Single Letter Monogram
$29.50 | FRONTGATE
Thirstystone 'Diamonds' Sandstone Coasters (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
Ambiance Bisque LED Small Arch Window Outdoor Wall Sconce with White Styrene Sha
$254.00 | Bellacor
Knex Education Elementary Math & Geometry Set - 78720
$39.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™