Agro-Towers, vertical container gardening

maineman(z5a ME)February 2, 2007

Hi All,

I just came across the Agro-Towers stackable vertical container system. They are rather "pricey" but they look like they could be effective. I'm not into container gardening myself, or I would give these a try despite their high prices and shipping costs.

MM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ilsa

Those are a bit pricey, but they did get me thinking about how I could maybe fabricate something. Would also be interested in hearing from someone outside of CA - colder climate, that is - to see how the strawberries stand up over the winter months.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 11:22AM
leslie135

I was reading and just posted to another thread about something called "the dark garden", a homemade vertical-type scenario. The creator's user name on this site is georgeiii. Scroll to some of the most recent posts to have it presented a bit clearer, the first few posts are a bit confusing, but georgeiii added numerous pics toward the bottom of the thread and another poster named grvtykllr cleared up the explanation pretty well. http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0300042724120.html?10811

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 5:40PM
petemosss

Anyone interested in this kind of rig need to visit the folks at Verti-Gro. They've been here in biz in florida for eons and are very nice folks to do business with. Also way cheaper. 20 planters for $80 vs 6 for $70 of the Agro-Towers. You can buy all the rest of the pieces and parts at your Blue or Orange Box Store hell.

Here is a link that might be useful: vertigo.com

Bookmark   April 10, 2008 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
My vertical garden.........again
I'm really not bragging. I'm just excited about how...
catherinet
DIY Vertical, hanging garden - Tips on transplanting + hanging?
Inspired by this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vN2eudWcQ&feature=share&list=PLJhSDv5VSRVbNkrvHfuJncnBzrcy1I-4T&index=4 I...
nattydoll
Garden Tower Project reviews?
Has anyone used the Garden Tower Project structure?...
sunauna
any suggestions to train summer squash to grow vertically?
Hello- I am a first time vegetable gardener. We have...
txnewtogardening
Hanging Basket Planters
Until we are moved into our newly built house, I have...
LullabyF360
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™