Just got back from Fanicks Nursery

honeybunny2(Z9TX)February 13, 2013

Every year my husband buys his tomoto plants at Fanick's Nursery on the south side. He decided that he would buy a Naval Orange tree this year, when I went into the greenhouse, they had their $25 hibiscus, marked down to $10. I bought Baby Girl, Erin Rachel, Gold Rain, and Sassy Too. I still can't believe they were that cheap. Albert bought me" Kiss and Tell" last year as a gift, its beautiful, and in full bloom. I almost have the entire OSO Growers exotic hibiscus collection. They also had Persian Shield for $2.99, that is about half of what Rainbow gardens wanted Sunday. I just can't wait until I can start planting my tropical plants back in my yard at the coast. They are now in pots under the carport.. Barbra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

Just letting you know they had so many diffrent herloom tomotoes, for $2.99 each. They also had this years rodeo tomoto. I can't believe how much cheaper they were than rainbow gardens, on the plants I wanted. Since I have discovered turface, I am able to grow plants that would never grow at the coast in previous years. . Barbra .

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 6:45PM
robyn_tx(8 Dallas)

I am planning some new beds and was researching some different phlox ... and was reminded how I miss John Fanick Phlox! I grew it in San Antonio and it did so well in the alkaline soil and high temps there. Wish I was closer so I could go their nursery this spring!

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 9:26PM
eahamel(9a)

Fanick's Nursery is on the South Side of What City??? This is Texas gardening forum, for the entire state!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 4:20PM
plantmaven(8b/9a TX)

On the south side of San Antonio.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 8:09PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Eahmel, Fanick's is in San Antonio. I know it can be frustrating not knowing what and where people are talking about in this large state.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 8:09PM
More Discussions
Need help with a Houston full-sun bed
Hi there! I have a full-sun bed with miscanthus in...
olivesoil
Do you have plant markers?
Since words and names don't come as easily to my mind...
marti8a
Lady Banks on roof
Lady Banks, Old Blush, and Mermaid (not yet blooming)...
catheyz8rr
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
That time again....Texas Forum Roll Call!!!!
I've really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people on...
remuda1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™