My Desert Marigold seeds are coming up!

ogrose_txFebruary 3, 2012

I noticed the seeds that were planted last Fall are coming up, just barely! This weather is weird, hope if it gets cold they can handle it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

Mine are too....I just planted some more yesterday. I have a huge bag of them from CactusGarden. I am trying to get them established on some real marginal limestone scree That I can barely rake. They are also out of reach of the hose so I need to rely on mother nature there. Last night rain went just east of us by a couple of miles.

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 8:01PM
ogrose_tx

For some reason I thought the only time to sow these seeds was Fall; will sow some more this week along with some ornamental grasses and other wildflower seeds!

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 11:12AM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

I have had luck doing both. It is the watering so they will germinate that gets me.

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 3:33PM
ogrose_tx

Well, my Desert Marigold seeds are no longer coming up; my son's landscape crew that was working on my yard got "rid" of all the weeds in my new flowerbed. C'mon, these guys have been working for him for years, can't they tell the difference? Guess not... will plant more next week, it's cold and am expecting rain, hope they take! If not, next year. Jeez...now I'm starting to see why he wants to get out of the landscape business!

Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 10:37PM
cfishatwork

I planted mine indoors and a lot germinated. I wonder how easy they are to transplant? I also fear they might not be big enough to transplant when it gets warm enough.
C

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 7:59PM
More Discussions
Carrie's Snow Pictures from this Morning ...
Carrie lives a little north of Dallas. She says "And...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
"Takes pruning--blooms on new growth"
What does this mean exactly? This is what my Plants...
violetwest
That time again....Texas Forum Roll Call!!!!
I've really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people on...
remuda1
Everybody Ready for the Deep Freeze?
I *almost* am. watered the potted plants & put...
sylviatexas2
Need layout help!
Please advise on what plant! Im disgusted with my front...
snackattacker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™