new: ne1 interested in a true fall rr
If you would be interested in participating in a true Fall Robin Round please post here.
Rule are as follows:
A True Fall Robin Round will give you an opportunity to receive and exchange seeds with other members. You will receive the seed box, take seeds you'd like/want, add your own seeds to the box, mail the box to the next member on the list. There will be a limit of 30 participants.
Cost - We will be using the LARGE FLAT RATE BOX through the US Postal Service which costs $15.45 + a DC# $0.85 = $16.30 IF and ONLY IF we have less then 30 participants and if everyone agrees to use the MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX the cost will be $11.35 + DC# $0.85 =#12.20 This will be the main cost to you, if you need to purchase seeds to participate then you will have that expense as well.
Shipping schedule - Shipping schedule will be created once we receive all participant's info. The box will leave North Carolina and travel the most direct route to the next participant and will continue the most direct route until it returns back to ME in NC.
Please note that seeds are for your own personal use and not to be sold. This Round Robin is for seeds only no bulbs.
IF you sign up please follow the guidelines provided, make sure you are truly committed to the cost as well.
No common seeds please, they are too readily available and it is expensive to mail a box it would be too disappointing to find marigolds or other common easily found seeds in the box. (Usually the $ 0.20 packs at the big box stores.)
IF you are unsure what is a common easily obtainable seeds PLEASE ask on the thread for the Round Robin, participates will be glad to help you.
1. In order to participate you will need to send me a message with your REAL name, Gardenweb name, address, phone number and the email addy of the email address you use.
Only your name, address and email will be given on the list for the box, the phone number is for me in case there is an issue with the movement of the box.
2. Please include at least 12 large seeds in each seed pack.
(Large seed include: watermelon, cantaloupe, moon flower vine...)
Small seeds should have more. At least 30. (Small seed include: Salvia, Columbine, Lettuce...)
If the seeds are really small, such as dust type make sure there are enough in there to get some plants.
Please do not include more then 5 packs of the same type.
Please include a proper packet, such as coin envies or plastic or glassine. No seed packs that might burst EXAMPLE: Made from recycled teabags or thin notebook paper.
You MAY use homemade packs but please use heavy grade paper since these will be traveling a while the packs must be sturdy! Make sure they are sealed well too.
3. When you receive the box, take what you want/need for for the next planting season. You must add the same amount of seeds you took from the box (nothing older than 2009). Make sure the seeds are properly marked with the name of the seeds and YEAR and if it is commercial or OP from your Garden
Example: If you remove 15 packs of seeds you will need to replenish with 15 packs of seeds.
Information to include on the pack:
Echinacea White Swan 2012 OP
OR if it is a commercial pack:
Echinacea White Swan 2012 com.
This let's everyone know where the seeds came from.
NOTE: Seeds up to the year 2009 may be included if they have been stored correctly, if you think they are not viable please do not include them.
ALSO make sure older seeds will be viable because some seeds will only live for a year, examples of this are TREE SEEDS, ONIONS, CHIVES, ALLIUMS. There are others and if you are not sure please check online or ASK on the thread before you include them I am sure someone will have an answer for you.
4. Mail the box to the next person on the list within 3 days of receiving the box. You must then update the Round Robin thread with this information: the date you received and date you mailed the box with the DC# and the NEXT person in line to receive the box.
***NOTE: BEFORE YOU MAIL TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE LIST PLEASE CONTACT THEM VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY PROVIDED TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE STILL PARTICIPATING as circumstances do change as the box moves along.
5. IF the box gets tattered please replace the whole box with a new one, so please pick one up if you do not have one already so you will have one available once you receive the box this way you will not have to wait to get a box before you are ready to send it back out on it's trip.
Make sure you tape the box closed really, really, really well.
6. Sign ups will be held until Sept. 15 I will make the list of where it is going and mail out on Monday Sept. 24 this gives me a little more then a week to figure out the best route for the box to travel IF there are not that many people who sign up then it might mail out sooner BUT I want to make sure I have the best travel route for the box to move on.
If we use the large flat rate box I will include a few goodies and you may include some too. BUT I would like a good seed assortment when I receive the box back not full of stuff please.
PLEASE POST HERE, then send me your information requested in guideline No. 1....I think that is it with the guidelines and information. THIS is meant to be fun, PLEASE participate in the RR thread . Trading should be fun, exciting and interesting!!! Don't post you want to join then never post anything again. BE ACTIVE IN THE THREAD, HAVE SOME FUN, TELL us some things you took from the box whether it was a seed you couldn't live without or one you have been looking for. Post pics of flowers growing in you yard now or of the flowers you have collected seeds from. LET'S HAVE FUN, I might even post some games to keep the thread interesting and alive! :) Aqua