More tulips

cynthianovakMarch 2, 2013

The whole yard is glowing. The cool temps are keeing some around for 2 weeks, others are slowly opening/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robyn_tx(8 Dallas)

So pretty - love your pictures!

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 1:04AM
ruthz

Just beautiful

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 8:58AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Makes this cold morning a lot cheerier, Cynthia. Thanks so much. What do you put in those beds once the tulips are done??

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 9:27AM
cynthianovak

Carrie
The big bed where the orange Flair striped tulip are now will have Gregg's Blue mist on that corner, red Turks cap in the background by the pecan tree and Salviat Black and Blue as well as Argentine Skies in the middle. Along the walkway I'll plant a few Lemon Lollipops. To the left, by the house is always a challenge, you would think South facing would be easy but it almost gets enough sun for pentas... . I'll end up with caladiums where the anemones are under the other pecan tree and the kidney shaped bed in the middle of the yard will likely get Sun coleus or begonias.
There is usually a stripe of Persian shield near the Buda and a strip of Lemon Lollipops somewhere. I save them but rats tore them up in my greenhouse this year.

I am always on the hunt for suggestions for part sun or shade color. Any suggestions?

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 10:00AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

I use iresine for color in some of my shady areas.....it also did well last year in filtered sun. I love the brightness of it and is a very good contrast plant.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 11:11AM
More Discussions
"Takes pruning--blooms on new growth"
What does this mean exactly? This is what my Plants...
violetwest
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Seed Starting / Mini Greenhouses
I have been saving the clear plastic containers that...
Gretchen Wood
Changes
This is really different.
loispi
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™