Yellow Vine that Flowers Often.....

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)February 16, 2007

I am covering an arbor on a porch-swing. The colors I need are white blue and yellow. I got the white and blue covered but what yellow vine will bloom spring through fall? Fragrance would be nice but not necessary.. The only ones that I can think of off-hand are yellow mandevillea, allamanda or yellow climbing rose. Are there any others?

Thanks

~SJN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bossjim1

How about a Black-eyed Susan vine?

Here is a link that might be useful: Black-eyed Susan vine

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 6:18PM
bahia(SF Bay Area)

The Allamanda or yellow Black Eyed Susan/Thunbergia will probably be the longest blooming. Thunbergia has many more flowers over the season, and will continue to bloom here in California as long as it is warm enough. The Allamanda certainly has larger, more dramatic individual flowers. Not sure if it is commonly planted in your region, but the Australian vine, Hibbertia suaveolens is another very long season bloomer with both nice waxy foliage and large yellow blooms. I also like the South African Senecio tamoides vine, but this one blooms in late fall into winter, but is simply covered with flowers when in bloom.

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 9:45PM
karyn1(7a)

A Canary Creeper Vine (Tropaeolum peregrinum) is an annual here in zone 7 that has pretty yellow blooms. It doesn't start flowering until mid summer but continues until the frost. It might be a perennial in your zone.
Karyn

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 10:58AM
angie83(9)

Blacked eyed susies grow easy from seed too.

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 2:38AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I had to look up the Hibbertia suaveolens- I never heard of that one lol. It is pretty. I do have a yellow mandevilla (it started blooming in summer last year and went through about November here)that I could put on one side of the trellis with one of other vines mentioned. I have seeds of canary creeper and black eyed susan- I could put both on the other side, that should give enough yellow color. The blue vine I have is blue skyflower, and I have white mandevillea and some madagascar jasmine to make up my blue and white colors. I will post a picture later this year if it comes out well. Thanks for all your help.
~SJN

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 12:53PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

oops that should of said, "I have a yellow allamanda" lol.
Angie forgot to thank you for posting that pretty cheerful photo. Nice and bright to see for this time of year :)
~SJN

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 8:12PM
iceti

Black-eyed Susan vine is my favorit vine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat Names

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 7:00AM
More Discussions
Creating a Green Wall
So in the midst of a 12 inch of snowfall today I'm...
new_gardener_2010
Looking for vine seeds
Hi! We are looking for vine seeds (flower) for a garden...
countryladies14
Wysteria
does all Wysteria spread in a vine like fashion? I...
marial1214
are ficus pumila bad for stucco walls?
if the building itself is made of wood, and it has...
preppystud
Have you planted Morning Glories in Hanging Baskets?
Has anyone planted Morning Glories in Hanging Baskets?...
valal111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™