Need a pet friendly container vine for partial shade
I am looking for vines with the following area and specification:
* Location is Walnut Creek, CA. USDA zone 9a-10a and sunset zone 14-15.
* This will be on a covered patio 8x20 facing Northeast. There is morning sun, but one side of the patio has more filter light from evergreen tree across the street.
* Weather will be quite dry most of the year except winter.
* Plants will be grown in containers using some cord trellis hooked to the ceiling, so it can't be too massive.
* There is a cat, so plant cannot be poisonous.
* Irrigation are not allowed by the HOA, so perhaps a self-watering pot will be used to reduce watering intervals.
* Plant should have pretty flower. Attracting hummingbird is a plus. Leaves should stick around all year.
* Flowers cannot be white and should not have a strong scent.
* A long bloom time for flowers.
* Vine should be easy to grow.
Based on the criteria, I was thinking about the following:
* Clemantis - I have grow some variety in partial shade. IT takes a while to get established.
* Trumpet Vines - attracts humming bird, but may not work in partial sun.
* Black Eyed Susan Vine - unknown.
* Bougainvillea - may require more light than the patio can support.
* nasturtium - it's edible, so it must be safe for pet?
Anyone have opinons?