Citrus advice please

cynthianovakMarch 2, 2013

Hi All
I have enjoyed the citrus topic. Can anyone suggest a good potting mix for my Kumquats? I have a bag of citurs organic fertilizer that I used last year and my Meiwa gave me loads of fruit. I will repot that one and my 2 new ones as well as an improve meyer lemon.

Also, the rats chewed off the green on the branches of an own root meyer lemon that I got last summer. I have allowed it to stay in its pot and it still is pliable. Is there any hope for it?

Thank you
c

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robyn_tx(8 Dallas)

Hi - can't speak to the kumquat, as I've never grown ... but I've had a potted Meyer Lemon for many years and it has been through he**! Moved 4 times in back of trucks, dumped over several times from wind, fallen 3' off the patio and snowed on - twice. It's an Energizer Bunny for me. It'd probably be in better shape if it hadn't been so abused, but last year produced 15 nice lemons, which is all this gal needs.

Never had a rat-chewed one, LOL, but I'd say give it some nice organic fertilizer, keep moist and pray to the Citrus Gods for good health. :)

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 8:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynthianovak

Thanks robyn I laughed at your post but it gives me hope! I did notice a tiny green bit at the base of this plant. Organic citrus fertilizer here it comes!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
rabbit fence
We live in houston and looking at getting a rabbit...
sumanamine
Iris Bloom on a Sunday!
This is another bloom that graced my morning walk....
pinkkpearls
My 1st Iris - From the Swap - ID Please
I'm not sure who gave me this from the swap, but thank...
pinkkpearls
WANTED: San Antonio Plant Swap
Mark your calendars: Sat., April 18, 9 am, Rogiers...
loreleicomal
Coral honeysuckle
Will this be easier to find in the next month or so,...
franksmom_2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™