Harvested My Bin
Back in October I started my worm bin in a rubbermaid storage container. I harvested that bin the other day and found some decent looking casting. However, it was initially like mud and very smelly almost like mothballs and ammonia mixed together. I had a pretty serious drainage issue as the material was water logged. For 2 days I left the casting outside on a tarp to cure. This helped tremendously...the castings no longer smell at all and are of a very fine crumbly but moist texture. I sorted out all the worms and uneaten material the best I could. I ended up get around 40lbs of castings. I am now going to use this on my veggie plants.