Calling Yaya green or something close

viscidvioletAugust 19, 2008

Hello all,

I hope this isnt to far off topic bt I think this is the only forum I have a chance in, this is where the events leading up to this took place.

I was trying to track down the person with the above screename, greenyaya something and was wondering if they are still active here?? I recently rejoined, I havent been here since '05/'06 and would like to speak with them for a sec and thank them. While talking about a round robin exchange I was joining, they totally inspired me to do something with plants as a career. I mean, its a hobbie of mine, but I was stressing about what to major in in college and the thought had never entered my mind. Their specific suggestion was landscape architecture, and though i'm currently going for botany instead, I figured it was close enough to home for it to be of interest to this person, as otherwise i'd probably be going for medieval tapestry making or funeral directing or some other nonsense. In fact, im working on starting up an npo involving greenery, sort of edible landscapiong, planting trees, herbal medicine clinics, a library, classes/workshops, exchanges and seedbanks and so on in my free time.Tthanks a tremendous bunch bunch for reading, I hope someone has seen them around.

Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncgardengirl

i believe this might be who you are searching for...I did a search for yaya and this is the only one who had green in their ID.

Follow the link below to get to their page and email addy.

hope you find them!!!
:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: yayagreen2000's member page

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 9:22PM
vic_zn5

Ummm......"medieval tapestry making", I'm glad you talked to yaya before starting classes! LOL

I am thinking about taking a horticulture class here shortly, not sure if I can make a living from it, but it might keep my plants alive!

Vic

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 11:29PM
viscidviolet

Ooh, thanks so much, that is her! I should think that class would help Vic, you can sell/barter preparations you make from what you grow, do some freelance garden design, and use your skill to make gifts for all occasions, that should free up some cash lol. Or attract one of those crazy bdsm types into domestic serving that is so enamored by your garden they care for you and hand over their wages!

Sarah

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 8:15AM
vic_zn5

Well Sarah, that does it! I'm taking the class! LOL
Vic

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
NEW: Splendid Squash Swap!
Welcome to the first annual Splendid Squash Seed Swap! This...
fresc1000
UPDATE: January O.B.F. Member's Re-Purposed Fun Part 2
We'll continue the fun on this thread, when the other...
Panhandle_Seed_Swap
April showers bring many beautiful May flowers!
Simple FLOWER swap Thought it might be fun to try...
dmagaard
UPDATE: Winter Sowing Swap 2014-2015 #2
Welcome to the next thread for my Winter Sowing Swap...
heavenlyfarm
new: fotess snowflake sweetheart swap: begins jan. 2015
Snowflake Sweetheart Swap: a True Round Robin Swap...
sandlapper_rose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™