blooming Jasmine

sunnie(9/10 So.Calif.)March 29, 2010

Bought a blooming jasmine loaded with beautiful blooms about 3 ft tall with a stake already holding it up. Planted it in nice soil, gave it some B-1, mostly

sun...that was last week, and the flowers have all died already. Should I have cut off all the flowers before planting...or should I cut them off now? My first Jasmine, hate to lose it. oh, I'm in zone 10 Southern California.

Thanks for any advice.....Sunnie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

Can you give us a little more to go on? What sort of jasmine is it? Does it have a label with its botanical name on? One possibility is that it was greenhouse raised and needed hardening off before going out into your garden. A stressed plant will sacrifice flowers. They are dispensible. But what do the leaves look like? And what is B-1, please?

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 12:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bettytwo

I have a white potato. Also called a Jamsine. Received from friend. White flowers and frangrant. Planted in rocky soil Maybe 1/2 inch. Growing in a sunny location. Live along the coast in California. Also have a pink jasmine has a stronger fragrance. Does not grow as fast. I think leaves are smaller. Butboth are being grown on a chain link fence. White potato seems to grow upward and horizontally very well. thank you. good luck

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
Pruning Solanum jasminoides ( Potato vine )
Does anyone know how far back I can trim my potato...
chiquitajuanita
Vigna Carracella seeds.
Have seeds available for Vigna Carracella. (Snail...
barry2008
Vine for shaded area
Hello! I am looking for a fast growing vine for my...
MiniHamsters
Gnarly old grape vine
A neglected grape vine/arbour with a lattice of thick...
logo
Cupseed - Calycocarpum lyonii
Does anyone have experience with Cupseed - Calycocarpum...
stardrifting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™