Many More Questions
OK, I've been reading posts and watching youtube videos etc.
Here's what comes to my mind question wise (so far).
1. What about UNDER feeding, is that possible? and/or a problem?
2. The flow through bins (using tall containers like a 55 gallon drum) how do you get your material down into the bin? And how deep would it need to be to start?
3. If I use some sort of stacking bins, what would be the minimum depth of each section to be effective? Is the idea of the stacking bin almost like those steamer baskets, that go inside a steamer? and you could just add in a new basket, and when you remove the lower baskets that is where the compost is?
4. Does food always need to be decomposing BEFORE it goes into the bins? or is that only at the beginning?
5. Has anyone ever tried using a square igloo type cooler? (it would be insulated for outdoor use, it has a removeable top, you could drill holes in bottom and sides/top) but in a set up like this or a bin, how exactly do you actually harvest your castings?
6.what about combining 2 ideas, the regular bin with red wigglers incorporated somehow into an outdoor worm tower? to attract other outdoor worms to the flock?
I think there may be more questions I have, I"m still just trying to get a grasp of what will work best for me and how to get er done ;)