new-fotess tell me a story swap!
Hi Everyone and welcome to the Sept/Oct. FOTESS
Tell Me A Story Swap!
I know that we haven't finished the August swap yet, but due to the special nature of this swap, I thought I'd get a head start on it.
Back in March/April, I think, we did a Round Robin Poetry swap. It went really well and was enjoyed by all who participated. At the time, Margo suggested that we do it again, only, the next time, write a story instead of a poem. Several of the rest of you thought it was a good idea and so did I! So that's what we'll be doing in September and October!
Once again, I begged Jeanne to contribute her month so we have time for a true round robin. And, if you join in for this swap, you will get a chance to test your writing skills on a different kind of writing - a story.
We'd love to have as many members sign up for this as possible. Everybody is welcome! BUT, in order for a true Round Robin swap to work, everyone who signs up must commit to getting their portion of the Robin out within a day or two of receiving it. If you don't think you can commit to that, you might not want to take part in this swap. Give it some thought, Ladies!
You can sign up until Sept. 2. Margo has already agreed to start our story for us, and I'll mail her the "starter package" on Sept. 3.
And here is what she will do:
1. She will write a VERY SMALL paragraph, 1-3 sentences, to start the story.
2. She'll post it here on the swap site
3. Then she will mail her paragraph; a pen, pencil, small notebook, or something small related to writing; the instructions for the swap and the Flight Path, on to the next person in line.
When that person receives, she will:
1. Take the writing item out and squirrel it away!
2. Post on the site that she has received;
3. Write the next VERY SMALL paragraph of the story and post the entire story on the swap site.
4. Cross her name off the list;
- Mail her portion of the story**, her small writing related item, the instructions for the swap and the Flight Path for the Robin, on to the next person in line.
**This part is different this time. The entire story will always be on the swap site, no need to copy the whole thing each time it goes out. That could cause some severe writers cramp on down the line! All you will need to mail to the next person is your portion of the story.
And I think we should have a Theme for this story, don't you? And I think we should decide the Theme democratically (sp)! When you sign up, you will vote for one of the following themes. The one with the most votes is IT!!
1. Deep in the Haunted Orchard
2. Four Fairies in a Fall Garden
3. The Last Leaf
As soon as the Robin is in flight, I'll be posting an Autumn Bingo!
Any questions? Concerns? Did I forget anything?
Sign-ups start now! Anyone want to "Tell Me A Story"?
This post was edited by sjc48 on Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 17:54