anyone have a Schizophragma hydrangeoides, japanese hydrangea?

greenqueenApril 25, 2007

I'm looking for some ideas on growth rate for this vine. Anyone have this? What is your experience?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lmarks(z6 NY)

I have two 'Moonlight'. They were already pretty big when I bought them last year (1 gallon size I think) and planted them. This year they have really taken off and it's not even May yet. Longest tendril is about 6 feet and they're thick and lush at the bottom. I'm growing it over a curved arbor but it seems like it would be happier just clinging to a flat surface - it's not really in the mood to twine around a trellis, I keep having to nudge it around. I had heard that the "true" climbing hydrangea was slow to start, but this one doesn't seem to have that issue.

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 10:31PM
deswack

I have one of these, I just bought it and planted it and it's dying. I've noticed that it's being eaten (not slugs, can't find the bugs) and all the leaves are rapidly turning brown. Any advice on how to save this plant? Thanks!

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 2:27PM
aj_designer

My Japanese hydrangea is also experiencing brown dry leaves. I do not know the cause. Have you found a solution?

Bookmark   May 30, 2008 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
Vigna Carracella seeds.
Have seeds available for Vigna Carracella. (Snail...
barry2008
Umbrella trellis project, Mexican Flame vine
I have wanted to use an old patio umbrella frame as...
halfwaythere
Concord Grape - Sprouting Inside in Jan? Help!
Hi, I inherited a concord grapevine when my Father...
Tippy9
Looking for vine seeds
Hi! We are looking for vine seeds (flower) for a garden...
countryladies14
Growing Moonflower Vine seeds soak and nick?
I received a couple of moon flower vine seeds (that's...
carolinabeach
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™