NEW: August, Time for the Rainbow Swap!!
okay, I'm barely sliding this in under the wire!
Sir Isaac Newton in his early physics experiments decided the colors of the rainbow were Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. Many of us remember them as ROY G BIV. Are there only seven colors? Newton believed in numerology and thought special numbers governed all natural phenomena. Seven is a very special number. There are seven days in the week, seven openings in our head, seven seas, seven continents and many other important sevens. So, of course he found exactly seven colors. In reality, the rainbow colors merge gradually into one another. Our eyes sort them into groupings. How many colors are in the rainbow? Anywhere from three to, as many as, several thousand. It depends on who is counting and what they believe is there. Funny how what we expect to see is often what we see.
In this swap we're doing the colors of the rainbow: red, orange., yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. You can send one of each, a couple of each, but try to get as many colors that you can! We're doing a quick turn around to try to get caught up on our months.
1. The total number of seeds is 10 packs and extras if you want. They can be flowers, herbs, or veggies.
2. The sign-up date is until Sept 4th
3. They have to be mailed to me by Sept 8th
4. I want to have them mailed back out by Sept 12th.
5. When you sign up, email me and I"ll send you my address.
6. Bubble envelopes only, return address sticker enclosed and enough stamps to mail them back to you.
Let's see how fast we can do a turn around!