vc in garden

cobra2June 23, 2012

I used vc in my garden this year my tomato's are growing big and great along with zuc they are getting real bushy can I trime back some of the brnchies so the can produce more blooms instead of growing big plant's

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mendopete

I also used VC in my garden this year and WOW are the plants healthy. I started 2 rows of pole beans- one with the seeds started in straight castings and the other without. Germination rate was nearly 100% in the VC and about 40% without! Also seeded lettuce, squash, potatoes, and carrots in castings very successfully. I also spread several inches of vc under the apple tree which I water in.No chemical factory fertilizer, just aerated casting tea fed with molasses , fish emulsion and kelp. I still cannot stop blackspot on my roses in this cool humid climate though.

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 11:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PeterK2

Yeah, my tomatoes are doing so well it's almost becoming a problem. I'm in an apartment and got a garden plot the building runs, mine's the tallest by about a foot (was two feet but slowing down as it reaches six feet).

The coolest thing was one of the four I had really had a rough start, not sure what but think it picked some disease up. Anyway I gave it a super dose of VC around the plant and daily soaked it in for a while. Disease gone, and a mass of healthy branches firing off :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 3:04PM
More Discussions
Air: Pump + Stone
How about a 5" airstone disc with a small (for...
barbararose21101
Coffee grounds and pine shavings?
I've ordered a pound of worms (E. hortensis) and have...
fireweed22
The church is not a stone building, but a group of people with legs.
Really long leg, whereas, worms have none. They would...
equinoxequinox
Red Mites Eat My Garbage
Yes, it's true. Red mites have taken over my worm bin...
remarkikkin
how fragile are worms?
I was harvesting vc and really had put some force into...
chazz1100
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™