Dwarf Citrus in Texas?

alipesMarch 8, 2010

Since citrus is restricted for Texas it's a little challenging to find any, but years ago I bought a wonderful dwarf orange tree that has been very healthy and thriving.

Due to its success, I've wanted to maybe purchase a dwarf lemon or lime as well, but Acorn Farms, where I bought the orange, doesn't seem to exist anymore.

After much searching, I've come up sadly empty-handed. Does anyone know of a site to order dwarf citrus in Texas, or barring that, a nursery that sells dwarf citrus around Dallas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
merrybookwyrm

Don't know if they are on dwarf root stock or not, but Petal Pushers in Cedar Hill had Meyer Lemons on Monday a week past, and North Haven Gardens had at least one kaffir lime tree about February. Didn't price the Meyer lemons, but can't say the kaffir lime was cheap. Redenta's in Arlington had some sort of citrus last month, and presumably the Redenta's in Dallas might have some too. How wonderful to have a good place to overwinter citrus!

So there do exist nurseries that have jumped through the necessary hoops to propagate citrus for sale in Texas. Think at least some of Brazos Citrus Nursery's stock is on dward rootstock.

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 12:41AM
More Discussions
That time again....Texas Forum Roll Call!!!!
I've really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people on...
remuda1
Need suggestions for a privacy hedge along my fence line
My backyard is about 3/4 of an acre and our HOA requires...
5995richmond
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Illustration of the Perseverance of the Old Fashioned Iris
Last summer, I got a bunch of irises from an old house...
sylviatexas2
WANTED: San Antonio Plant Swap
Mark your calendars: Sat., April 18, 9 am, Rogiers...
loispi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™