Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin'

cpboyce(8)May 11, 2010

I bought this plant from the late great nursery Heronswood in WA after falling in love with the vine they had planted on the side of their house in the gardens. It thrived for years growing robustly in my south garden, but, inexplicably, it died sometime over the winter. I can't find another one anywhere, locally or online. Does anyone know of a South Sound nursery that has it in stock or where I can buy it online?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

Colvos Creek Nursery lists it in a gallon container. I've never bought from them but they don't have any negative feedback on gardenwatchdog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colvos Creek Nursery

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 12:49PM
cpboyce(8)

Thanks, karyn1. Just got off the phone with Colvos Creek (Mike Lee) and ordered their second to the last plant. I'll let you know when it gets here and how it does.
I hated losing that connection to Heronswood. Thank goodness all of the other plants I purchased from them still thrive.

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 4:00PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

I get it when you say you hate losing your Heronswood plants :) Just wanted to let you know I lost s. glasnevin too over winter, planted many years ago to twine through a smallish maple and also purchased during a visit to Heronswood. I think that week of icy weather in December was just too much cold...dicentra scandens also bit the dust, both the long established established plant in the ground and rooted cuttings in a pot.

The dicentra is now on order from Plant Delights but with the maple now more mature (roots) I don't have plans to try a replacement solanum.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Are old MG seeds still good
I have some Japanese morning glory seeds that are several...
eloise_ca
Umbrella trellis project, Mexican Flame vine
I have wanted to use an old patio umbrella frame as...
halfwaythere
Looking for vine seeds
Hi! We are looking for vine seeds (flower) for a garden...
countryladies14
Parthenosissus quinquefolia support ideas
I would like to grow Virginia Creeper over a metal...
needsweeding
Fast growing shade vine for window box?
Hi there! I have 3 windows in my apartment that directly...
gwl2051
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™