Mold in Worm Bin
I am a noob to this too so bare with me. I had my worms in a shredding paper, coffee grounds, dirt mix until they started trying to escape.
Over the weekend, I made a batch of organic peat moss, yard waste and dirt. I wet it down enough to make a sort of dry paste. The yard waste consists of thistle bird seed from my feeds, leaves and pine needles. My question is now, there is a lot of mold growth in it. Is this something I need to worry about? Isn't mold just another part of the composting process? My worms aren't trying to escape and the moved from the old bedding to the new fast.
Relp! I love these little guys as much as you can love worms. And thank you!