Not sure which trade I should join...

perennialfan273(zone 5)August 24, 2009

Hello

I admit it, I've been lurking! I'd really like to get in on one of these trades but I can't decide which one. Can somebody help me out?? All I can say is that right now I'm really into annuals, trees/shrubs, perennials, and some houseplants. Not really into veggies atm because my soil isn't fertile (nor does it drain well) enough to grow them well. Any suggestions??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosepedal(Four seasons zone4/5)

They are all good! Welcome to the forum..:)

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 10:10PM
greenthumbgrow(7 - MD)

(or your could just join them all.... shhh) LOL

Alright if you are new you may want to start with just one If you are wanting a large group swap I am getting ready to host another one in september. I will be posting it up soon so keep a look out, if you are wanting a person to person swap you can check out the offers in the plant exchange. I personally like the group swaps because you can select from all of our offers and get the plants you are interested in from 15-20 different people without having to mail each one an individual box.

The new one will be called "Crazy Crazy Fall Plant Swap" And you are welcome to join it. But I am sure any that are going on right now would love to have you also. :-)

Tammy AKA greenthumbgrow

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 11:17PM
purpleclover(CA Sunset 18)

Just a small warning. If you've been lurking you've probably seen comments about the addictive nature of swapping.

Its true! I decided to do one swap this month, my first. But then I saw another thread...

I just packed up my second swap box today. I haven't received anything yet, but the excitement of the box gets ya!

I'm responding to individual trade offers, and I joined an online group that does nothing but swap plants.

For each swap, I've sent larger quantities than I intended to; spent more on shipping than I planned; asked for more than I thought I would; and spent more time digging, cutting, and wrapping than I expected.

And when your eyes get bigger than your tummy, remember you'll have to prepare beds or pots for everything that comes back.

And don't forget the time you spend reading and researching plants that are offered.

But it is really fun.

purpleclover

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
The story none of us were told.
~~~ THE STORY NONE OF US WERE TOLD! ~~~ This was posted...
kchd
Commercial Seed Swap part 2
It's that time of year again. I have been doing this...
ishareflowers
NEW: New Year's Theme Swap
It's that time of year for New Beginnings and a fresh...
mcc371
UPDATE: January O.B.F. Member's Re-Purposed Fun Part 2
We'll continue the fun on this thread, when the other...
Panhandle_Seed_Swap
NEW: 2015 nongmo/heirloom/organic eatables seed exchange
WHO: PARTICIPANTS 1) octennessee/heather - HOSTING 2)...
octennessee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™