Peeking in OP's Bins

equinoxequinoxJuly 30, 2010

Boy Scout Popcorn Kick off at a Scout Hall. At the end of the meeting I noticed 5 huge Steralite see through bins. Egads! Vermicomposting. I had to open a bin and have a peak. Sticking my nose into Other Peoples Bins I saw 95% coffee grounds, a few whole paper towels, whole bagels, and whole toast. I smelled nothing, not even coffee. I wanted to leave a post it note, "Please feed me egg carton." They were not too wet or too dry. I had no claw and saw no worms. A church recently started to rent the hall on Sundays and I bet this is from after church coffee and snacks. Glad to see vermicomposting in the world. Interesting how some vermicomposts are 100% shreded office paper and others nearly 100% coffee grounds. All Good.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
antoniab(5 WofChicago,IL)

I wish I could peek!
I found someone in town through another website who keeps worms, and we had fun looking through bins. So different, but both fine.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 1:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smalltowngal

I would have a hard time letting someone look through my bin right now. They're not really established yet and I don't have a ton of worms. Now, if I had a great one that was a couple weeks away from being harvested, I would be all about showing off. :)

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 2:36PM
More Discussions
Worms for Raised Bed Garden
So I was digging in my raised bed gardens, which are...
susancol
Come Out and Play, Worming Friends!
Please oh please don't go! I think we can adjust to...
Merrygardener
Puffs Plus with Lotion Tissues/Kleenex
Hello all, This is my first post in this forum so I...
latebloomer23
Air: Pump + Stone
How about a 5" airstone disc with a small (for...
barbararose21101
Paper shredders and corrugated cardboard
Thought I'd start a discussion on paper shredders versus...
gerry_g
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™