Flowering Wisteria video

v1rtu0s1ty(5a)June 12, 2013

Hi folks,

I shot this video last week using my cellphone, Nokia Lumia 920. Woodyoak, it's for you too. I know you love wisteria! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25MRNmVk1w

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodyoak zone 5 Canada(5b)

Do you know which one it is? It looks to be an American W. frutescens - Amethyst Falls....? If so, what was the scent? It appears that a lot of people find it unpleasant. I've never seen one in person so I don't know what they really smell like - and the perception of scents can be so personal re what is pleasant or not. I wish I had more room here - I'm getting awfully temped to try one of the American types to see how they compare with the two Asian ones I have. But I'd be more inclined to go for the W. macrostachya with the showier, longer flowers. Thanks for posting that.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 4:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
v1rtu0s1ty(5a)

I went to a nursery last week and I saw more than 3 different types of wisteria. I remember there was Amethyst, Aunt Dee, Blue Moon and another one.

I forgot between Amethyst and Aunt Dee where the fragrance of the flower was awful. It smelled like a pee. Anyways, the flowers on my video is the same as one of the wisterias I saw in the nursery. It could be Amethyst. The fragrance on the flowers on my video had none. It didn't smell like a pee either.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 5:49PM
More Discussions
Sweet Autumn Clematis on Ornamental Wire Trellis
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Bittersweet Vines
How do you tell if you have female or male bittersweet...
litakb
Pruning Solanum jasminoides ( Potato vine )
Does anyone know how far back I can trim my potato...
chiquitajuanita
Growing Moonflower Vine seeds soak and nick?
I received a couple of moon flower vine seeds (that's...
carolinabeach
Any vines non-toxic to dogs??
Just built a nice cedar arbor and now going nuts trying...
stevef25
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™