Corkscrew vine

gootziecat(6)June 23, 2009

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing one of these and don't know too much about them, despite trying to do research. I'm primarily interested in this as an indoor plant. Does anyone raise them indoors all year round, excepting some occasional outings on the deck? If they don't do well as such, I'd rather know now than waste my money.

Thanks all!

gootziecat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I wouldn't advise growing this as an indoor plant unless you have full spectrum grow lights and even then it does much better outside. It also gets quite large. Is there a reason that you don't want to keep it outside during the warm months? I keep mine outside May-Oct then cut it back and store it dormant over the winter.

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 9:33PM
gootziecat(6)

Karyn,
I don't have very good luck with outdoor plants in general. Deer, bugs, and other critters seem to ruin most things I put out so I gave up years ago. I enjoy my indoor plants immensely and was hoping this one could join the group.
Thank you for your reply.

Bookmark   June 23, 2009 at 9:41PM
thistle(ontario 5b)

I overwintered mine last year.It did survive indoors at a bright window,but it was very spindly.I have cut it back and it is now growing happily outdoors.I don't think I will bother bringing it inside this year,they are fairly easy to start from seed.

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
Is there any reason to save these grape vines?
We bought a house a year back, and in the yard was...
dblank
Sweet Autumn Clematis on Ornamental Wire Trellis
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Bittersweet Vines
How do you tell if you have female or male bittersweet...
litakb
What is going on with this pothos plant?
I bought a beautiful verigated pothos a few weeks ago...
Avantika
Overgrown - I think honeysuckle but not sure...
I have a fence in the backyard that hasn't been tended...
Matthew Williams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™