Flow through. comercial type.

TEXANConnectionJuly 19, 2014

I have seen several videos of the commercial flow throughs, and they seem to have a type of mechanical shaker to harvest the castings, built into the bottom, has any one seen its mechanism?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Mechanical shakers are what I usually see on sifters. The flow-throughs usually have a blade or knife that is pulled along the bottom with a winch and cable to cut/loosen/remove the castings clumped. Rarely do I see a photo of this blade.

Good luck!

    Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 9:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Blade? Knife? Well, a bar of some sort.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 10:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

would love to see the mechanism.


This is a one in action but does not show what its doing.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That may be the best view you are going to get. The bin is a Work Wigwam large scale bin, the same system used by Worm Power. Maybe that will give you something to search on.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Great info Thank you had not found that one yet, lead me to another one. "The worm guy " probably the most informative i have found, on operating a 1 man commercial worm farm.


    Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 4:29PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How do I delete my photos ?
Where did the edit feature go ? Houzz is a venal predator...
More worm factory questions.
First of all, thank you for all the help this forum...
Shredded Cardboard Question
I am a vermicompost novice with two bins right now...
Help ID the worm?
Bought my little herd a year ago and kind of mixed...
Houzz Rule(r)s
Today I received an official welcoming gift via the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™