Vines /other plants good near pool

annemarieoJune 12, 2011

Hi, I need ideas on what to plant in my raised beds surrounding my backyard pool. The yard is pool surrounded by cement and then the raised beds along the edge with a cinder block wall behind.There is a large pine tree growing in corner of yard in raised bed. I have put in two Ice Berg roses/ Mandevilla vines and a few other small perennials and annuals. I want to hide a least some of the wall and soften the look. But I am having a hard time finding vines recommended for pool areas. The Mandevilla is by Sunset Garden bk. But they don't give many other choices and they are not available locally. I picture another vine with another shrub or two to form the bones. The raised beds are 2 &1/2 ft to about 4 or so ft deep, in some places. I have a few natives in already and am trying to be at least somewhat drought conscious. I bought two Bougainvillea then realized they would be messy near the pool. The area gets to sun- filtered shade. thank you I can't wait to read your ideas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisanti07028(z6NJ)

You may want to post this in the California forum here on Gardenweb; I would bet that there are people posting there who have dealt with the same problem, and not everyone checks every forum.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
Sweet Autumn Clematis on Ornamental Wire Trellis
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Indoors Grown Morning Glories
Here are some recently grown MGs, enjoy!
gerris2
Growing Moonflower Vine seeds soak and nick?
I received a couple of moon flower vine seeds (that's...
carolinabeach
Creating a Green Wall
So in the midst of a 12 inch of snowfall today I'm...
new_gardener_2010
Umbrella trellis project, Mexican Flame vine
I have wanted to use an old patio umbrella frame as...
halfwaythere
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™