Can I Trim Back My Morning Glory and How?

desert_rat_dadJuly 18, 2007

My wife recently bought a beautiful morning glory. She asked me to plant it in our garden infront of house (facing east). The problem is, in this garden we also have a couple rose bushes and a rose tree. They are all planted about 3-4 feet apart in a white rock garden. My question is, as you probably have already guessed, can I trim my morning glory back and how? It hasn't climbed horizontally enough yet to reach the other plants, but it won't be long til it does. I would like try to prevent that. Thank You!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvsgrtdanes

Do you have something near it to climb on besides the bushes? If it has it's own support you only have to trim some of the out reaching vines to keep it off your bushes. A few snips to keep it in check should be OK, but they are meant to climb and the less you cut the more flowers it will produce. What one do you have?

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judetjl_centurylink_net

We will be moving,and I would like to take my morning glories with me. How far can I cut them back,for transplant. They are attached to a trellis 3 or 4 each. They are dorment as of now being winter,we live in las vegas nv.

Bookmark   January 14, 2011 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
Creating a Green Wall
So in the midst of a 12 inch of snowfall today I'm...
new_gardener_2010
Bittersweet Vines
How do you tell if you have female or male bittersweet...
litakb
Cupseed - Calycocarpum lyonii
Does anyone have experience with Cupseed - Calycocarpum...
stardrifting
Cascading Vine for Window Planter?
I recently moved out of a house with ample yard space...
SwampSlug
Best evergreen (in zone 6b) vine to cover fence?
Hi, I'm new here. We bought a house late last summer,...
HollyAnnM
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™