CrossVine not Making Progress

jmcnyc(6)July 23, 2012

I planted this crossvine in a pot in early spring and it has done nothing. Any advice on how to get some progress? Some of the issues may be the culprit:

1. It gets lots of sun

2. I water it every few days - and by the time I water it the soil has dried out.

3. I didnt give it to much support (one string) - was hoping it would cling to the wall on its own.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

The first year it will fill the pot with roots and maybe a little top growth - the second year it should leaf and branch out nicely and the third year it should bloom.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 9:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
welcomesite(8B)

I bought some bareroot crossvine plants a couple of years ago. They died quickly. I tried to sprout seeds but failed. This year I bought a small crossvine plant in a pot and after it quickly grew a 5 foot tentacle, I ground-rooted 10 plants from it and am finishing up rooting another 30 from those 10. I then put the Mother plant in the ground in September and it's already got 2 branches that have climbed over 6 foot up Oak poles I'm using to construct a veranda. That plant is a prolific grower but I bought 2 Tangerine Beauty plants just a month after I got the native Crossvine and the Tangerines are just now only reaching about 3 foot high.

Some plants are just more vigorous than their brothers.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Wysteria
does all Wysteria spread in a vine like fashion? I...
marial1214
Fast growing shade vine for window box?
Hi there! I have 3 windows in my apartment that directly...
gwl2051
Best Evergreen Vine
I am looking for a fast growing vine that will retain...
dandkmom
Wanting fast growing/spreading vine
My house is in the middle of an acre field. I want...
srks72
spacing for coral honeysuckle grown against a trellis
Hello! I know that vines trained up a vertical surface...
Kristin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™