Treat OR Trick, this 8th of July Pandorea jasminoides

ankraras(8/9AZ)July 8, 2008

To my surprise, there are pods, yeh! How easy does it grow from seeds? Should I leave them on the vine until their color turns brown or should I go ahead and harvest them now?

Any suggestions on planting seeds? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bahia(SF Bay Area)

I was kind of surprised to see seed pods on both my white and pink flowered forms of this vine here in Berkeley, as I would have thought it needed more heat. I can't say how easy they are to germinate, or when to pick, but it would seem that letting them go completely dry would be a sure sign that they are ripe. This vine is almost a little too vigorous sometimes, and seems to mostly thrive with little attention, except to prune to keep it under control.

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 5:54PM
ankraras(8/9AZ)

Wow..... Bahia you also grow the lovely pink flower variety! I have been keeping an eye on those at the local home improvement store we often
visit. It appears that they are not getting them in for some reason or it's possible that I am just missing out all together.

I am assuming you are in California, are you growing them in full sun or part shade?

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 6:08PM
bahia(SF Bay Area)

They bloom best here in the San Francisco Bay Area's cooler zones with full sun, but they certainly grow well enough with shade as well. I would have thought that the pink form would be as available in low desert parts of Arizona as it is here in California, have you checked at a good retail nursery, which would have a better selection than the Home Depot outlets? They do appreciate regular feeding to encourage more blooms, or else they just grow foliage here locally.

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Indoors Grown Morning Glories
Here are some recently grown MGs, enjoy!
gerris2
Fast Growing Vines
Hey everyone! I would like to get some fast growing...
Matt Conner
Looking for vine seeds
Hi! We are looking for vine seeds (flower) for a garden...
countryladies14
Anyone grow Lavender Falls Betty Tam Wisteria?
Just bought a smaller one of these yesterday. Was looking...
kingcobbtx9b
Bittersweet Vines
How do you tell if you have female or male bittersweet...
litakb
Sponsored Products
Hand Tufted Plumas Transitional Southwestern/Tribal Wool Aztec Area Rug (2'6 x 8
Overstock.com
Crossing Diamond Runner 2'6" x 8' - CHOCOLATE
$229.00 | Horchow
Couristan Super Indo-Natural Impressions Stripe White Area Rug - 2150/9000-3.6X5
$179.00 | Hayneedle
Homelegance Marcel 10 Piece Counter Dining Room Set w/ Storage Base
Beyond Stores
Tizio Plus Task Lamp by Artemide
$680.00 | Lumens
New Modern Floral Hand Knotted 8'x10' Ivory & Pink Oriental Wool Area Rug MC129
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™