Garden Tower Project

sunauna(6/7)August 28, 2013

Has anyone used the Garden Tower Project tower (http://gardentowerproject.com/index.php)?

I'm thinking about getting it for next year but wanted some feedback first. I've never composted before and worry about the smell and worms traveling away and dying on my and my neighbors' rooftops. Could cause problems w/ the coop board... Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Tower project

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
equinoxequinox

I am not aware of any coop boards that conduct regular rooftop dead worm surveillance projects. A few may have live link web cams but they are far flung and few. My guess is you could risk it. Vermicomposters as a bunch are a pretty devil may care group frequently flaunting normal convention and laws. If you find you can not ride the ride then maybe vermicomposting is not the path you wish to take.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gerris2

I have not tried it. It is an interesting concept. It's too pricey for me to try it. It seems like it would be functional for those who do not have a lot of garden space. On first blush I am wondering how you would tend the composting part of the system.

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 7:36AM
More Discussions
Worried about my worms
I'm in zone 9. Coastal Texas. I have my bin well established...
greenwater87
Worm Factory outdoors
Would this kill the worms or just decrease their activity...
pasmack
Coaching Others
Hello, experts! I have offered my sage advice for a...
Merrygardener
Food stock variety
Found this online in a university research paper on...
charitycomposter
yuk
look at the second banner: all about building &...
barbararose21101
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™