Some new MG pics

littleonefb(zone 5, MA)August 27, 2007

Some pics of new blooms.

Gray lady. pic doesn't show that this bloom starts out white first thing in the AM, by noon there are shades of some gray in the flower and my mid afternoon their are shades of pale pink showing. A real pretty addition to the MG vine collection.

Double blue picotee. small flowers but a real nice affect on the vine and a keeper for me.

yamatoji,

A really large lavender bloom, very delicate look to it and stays open till very late in the day. another keeper.

Red star. received seeds in trade as mine last year didn't produce any seeds. not the same as the one I had, smaller flower, but really pretty. This bloom was on Tuesday and the weather was very cool, only in the 60's most of the week. The bloom stayed open for almost 48 hours!!!!!!

Same red star bloom on Wednesday at 3pm. a little faded in color but still beautiful. When I went to bed around midnight Wed night, I checked to see if it was still open and the bloom was still fully open then. It was mostly closed by thursday morning.

No idea what this one is. It was supposed to be dark blue/purple mt fugi but it sure isn't. It's a huge flower though and if you look at the center of the blooms on the 2 pics you can see a deformed extra petal in the center. 2 other blooms where the same but the ones before them and since have just been a normal huge flower.

Fran

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvsgrtdanes

Nice shots Fran! I really like the dark purple one!!

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
Is there any reason to save these grape vines?
We bought a house a year back, and in the yard was...
dblank
Indoors Grown Morning Glories
Here are some recently grown MGs, enjoy!
gerris2
Climbing Evergreen Vine for Zone 7A
I'm in Nashville, TN and would love an evergreen vine...
chelseapetaja
Sweet Autumn Clematis on Ornamental Wire Trellis
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Wysteria
does all Wysteria spread in a vine like fashion? I...
marial1214
Sponsored Products
Sela Single-Hole Kitchen Faucet with Swivel Spout
Signature Hardware
Powell Armless High Back Accent Chair
Beyond Stores
RION Furniture - Claw Leg Saddle Stool - STOOL113WW
Great Furniture Deal
St Francis with Shell Garden Statue - R-024-GS
$194.99 | Hayneedle
La Conica Ball Point Pen by Alessi
$170.00 | Lumens
Alliyah Handmade Black New Zealand Blend Wool Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™