NEW: Fall Fling Group Seed Exchange
So...dig into those boxes of seeds, and start packing them up!
The deadline for mailing your seeds is November 5th.
The following is from tkhooper:
1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack. Seed packets need to have the name of the seed on them. If english/american is your second language you may want to use the scientific/botanical name for the plant. That makes it easier to find in english. Other nice things to have on the envelope that are not necessary are USDA growing zones if known, growing conditions (sun vs. shade, ph if unusual, if it needs light to germinate) your screen name. These things are not necessary.
Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!
2. Mail your seeds no later than November 5th.
3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for. As regards wishlist, these can be as specific or as general as you would like or you don't have to do one at all. Or they can be a combination. For example I'm looking for tropical plants to grow indoors since I don't have a garden patch anymore. That's rather general. But I am also looking for Dutchman's Pipe. Now that is specific. So I could put both of them on my wish list. It just helps me to select which seeds to send you when I have a very wide selection to chose from.
4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.
5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by Thanksgiving.
7. Please limit same seed types to a maximum of 25 seed packets. For example if you are sending in Blue Columbines please don't send in more than 25 packets of this type. But you could also send in 25 Red Columbines in the same envelope and that would be great.
8. If the seed type is very common please limit the number of seed packets to 10 especially if you are mailing close to the dead line. Types of seeds that fall into this catagory. Sunflowers, Zinnia, Cone Flowers, Marigolds, and Morning Glories. The explanantion of 'Seed Types' is the same as explained above. If for example you have several different kinds of sunflowers you are welcome to send in 10 seed packets of each kind.
NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future fall fling seed swaps!
Let the Fall Fling Seed Swap BEGIN!