"Solutions" and not the "wet" kind

pskvorc(3)September 1, 2014

I was 'organizing' my email this morning, (AKA mass deletions), and realized that there may be a "work-around" for the lack of a "stickies" feature here at Garden Web. I maintain a sub-folder in my email folder for "Worms". Under that folder is a sub-folder called "forum responses". In THAT folder are all of the "notices" I get from Garden Web when someone posts to a thread I am "subscribed" to. THERE is the solution to keeping links to "interesting" threads.

It does require me to keep the records, but at least I know where the links are, and, the records can be sorted by poster's name, the date, or the name of the thread.

It's more work than a "stickie", but it beats the heck out of searching over "hell's half acre" trying to find an old, but interesting/informative thread.

Just a thought...

Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
equinoxequinox

Gardenweb used to have stickies, or A Stickie. It was an advertisement as the first topic as best as I recall. Or it may have been an explanation for the double underlined advertisements that popped up one day. Others may remember more clearly. When the sticky went over like a lead balloon it disappeared.

Maybe this information helps or explains something:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/suggest/msg121346591104.html

Bookmark   September 1, 2014 at 5:26PM
pskvorc(3)

I get an error message when I copy and past the link and the hotlink in the Garden Web post. The "hotlink" ads in the text don't bother me much.

Paul

Bookmark   September 1, 2014 at 8:26PM
equinoxequinox

I too get that message. I messaged our Gardenweb overseers about it. They are no doubt busy celebrating Labor Day by golfing on the Vineyard and will be back to work soon.

This post was edited by equinoxequinox on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 22:38

Bookmark   September 1, 2014 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Worms for Raised Bed Garden
So I was digging in my raised bed gardens, which are...
susancol
Help ID the worm?
Bought my little herd a year ago and kind of mixed...
rubyz_gw
Coaching Others
Hello, experts! I have offered my sage advice for a...
Merrygardener
Cardboard Shredding, Shredding Cardboard
Hello everyone, I have a tiny space in town and cannot...
iamlook
how fragile are worms?
I was harvesting vc and really had put some force into...
chazz1100
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™