Chop, freeze, or precompost?
Lately I've been concerned with how I'm feeding my worms. My concern is that the food I'm putting in isn't rotten or precomposted in any way. I'm worried about overheating or causing a string of pearls/protein poisoning since bacteria doesn't have a chance to grow on this food before my worms eat it. I know people will say "worms don't actually eat the food they eat the protezoa and bacteria that grows on it", but believe me, my worms are actually eating the fresh food I drop in. With the way I feed, there are no visible signs of food left after 24-48 hours.
I've been blending the fresh food scraps, then pouring them in ice cube trays and freezing them. Then I just drop them on the top of my flow-through bin, I don't bury them.
How do you feed your worms? Do you pre-compost or let food rot before feeding? Is pre-composting necessary in the long term for successful worm bins?