new: new!! crazy eights swap
I have enjoyed participating in a number of round robins and swaps here over the years and some of you might remember the two Round Robins I hosted in 2005 entitled the Fabulous Favorites Robins. I would like to host a swap this time and I am confident this swap will be just as fun if there is enough interest!
Crazy Eights Swap rules are as follows:
1. Sign up here, and then email me your GW name, full name, and address.
2. I am looking for 7 players to start this swap. I will provide your name and address to each member in the group.
3. As your host, I will be the 8th player . Each person that signs up will mail seeds to each member in the group.
4. Seeds can be from your garden or commercial packs and collected and/or purchased in 2007. 2006 seeds are acceptable if you believe they are still viable and have been stored properly. Personally, I keep all my seeds in the freezer.
5. Try to send seed varieties that are listed on a playerÂs "Wants" list.
6. Send a member 10 different varieties of seeds.
7. If you are unable to send a variety listed on a playerÂs "Wants" list, send seeds that are your personal favorites.
8. About sending personal favorites - PLEASE NOTE:
When mailing, it would be nice to include a brief note about your personal favorite seeds that you are sharing Â i.e. why they are your favorite, and their common and Latin names. Also, if sharing personal favorites, please make sure the person you are sharing with lives in a zone where this plant can be grown.
9. Seed packs should contain the normal amount of seeds that are sent for trading or more if you feel generous!
Sign up here until September 30. Make sure your "Wants" list is updated by this date as well.
Seeds should be mailed to everyone in the group by October 30. Post here when you have received envelopes from all members in the group.
Potentially you will receive 70 packs of seeds that are on your wants list and/or fresh, personal favorites of your fellow GW members Â (or more if a player is generous)!
To begin, I need 7 gardeners to sign up. If there are more members interested, I will create more groups. Oh! There is one more bonus for joining. Everyone will receive a small gift from me.
Now, letÂs have some seed swapping fun!