summer snowfall trumpet vine

jimsgirl(z5)August 23, 2007

has anyone had any experience with this one? i really would like to find a trumpet vine for my new pergola, even though i know it needs control....thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chazparas(USDA zone 9 , San Jose, CA)

Hey there Jimsgirl,
I think you haven't had any responses because there is no tame campsis variety right now.
"even though i know it needs control..." Keep in mind there really is no way to successfully control it for the average gardener, it will escape. To keep it in a pot will often result in dissappointment at no flowers, then you'll be tempted to put it in the ground and it will behave like a campsis does and take over. I know how beautiful they are, so do most of us on here but please keep in mind your neighbors because it will wind up in their gardens as well.
I would send you a registered letter requesting you remove it if you were my neighbor. Then hit you with the bills later when I had to remove it from my property. That's how bad they are. I'm not a mean or nasty person, but I did it to my neighbors in NYC when I was a kid, and they are still trying to erradicate it over 30 years later.

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
Fast Growing Vines
Hey everyone! I would like to get some fast growing...
Matt Conner
Will disturbing roots inhibit flowering of Confederate Jasmine ?
I have a large confederate jasmine (trachelospermum...
peterk312
spacing for coral honeysuckle grown against a trellis
Hello! I know that vines trained up a vertical surface...
Kristin
Best Evergreen Vine
I am looking for a fast growing vine that will retain...
dandkmom
Concord Grape - Sprouting Inside in Jan? Help!
Hi, I inherited a concord grapevine when my Father...
Tippy9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™