A few newbie questions (Morning Glory) Zone 5
Ok. I've seen the photos and I've got to have some morning glories in my garden next year! I'm new to gardening (this is my 2nd year) and I've never tried MGs before. A few questions:
1. If I put chicken wire / mesh around my downspout can I train the MG to grow up the downspout?
2. Can the seeds be winter sown? Or, am I better off starting them indoors in the spring?
3. Where is a good place to get MG seeds? I love the color of Scarlet O'Hara and also Mt. Fuji Mix.
4. I like the idea of growing them in a pot (like Filix does). What size pot/bucket do I need?
5. What else shoud I know that I have not asked?
6. Can I put a potted MG at the base of my hedge and have the MG grow throughtout the shrub? We have a lilac hedge between our house and our neighbor - it's pretty when the lilas bloom and then a nice green throughout the summer in to fall - wouldn't a MG look great on it!!!!??!!
I'd like one that blooms for a long time (I know the individual flowers don't bloom for a long time).
Thanks in advance!!