Seeds in corkscrew vines?

tnchatter51September 25, 2006

I have no idea where the seeds in my corkscrew vine are. I know that seeds form in the flower, but mine fall off without seeds forming. Are the seeds a rarity, because I got the plant as a trade?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billr12(Z5/6 MO)

I did a search on corkscrew vines and found that some produce seeds and some don't. They are also hard to sprout but some people have a very good solution, nick the seed and soak overnight, then place in a plastic bag witha soaked paper towel and they will sprout in a few days. You can find all the information on this plant you will need by typing in corkscrew vine in the search box.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 10:27AM
klauer

The seeds do not sprout in the flower they will grow off the vine itself you will notice the difference it will grow what looks like a string bean pod you will be able to see it.

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 11:06AM
karyn1(7a)

I've had a corkscrew vine for a few years and this is the first time it's produced seed pods. They look like fat string beans.
Karyn

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 6:51PM
nckvilledudes(7a NC)

Yep, they form just like any other bean does at the same point on the stem where the flowers were. Here are pictures I have posted several times on what the dried pods and seeds look like.

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Indoors Grown Morning Glories
Here are some recently grown MGs, enjoy!
gerris2
Are old MG seeds still good
I have some Japanese morning glory seeds that are several...
eloise_ca
Fast growing shade vine for window box?
Hi there! I have 3 windows in my apartment that directly...
gwl2051
Pruning Solanum jasminoides ( Potato vine )
Does anyone know how far back I can trim my potato...
chiquitajuanita
Any vines non-toxic to dogs??
Just built a nice cedar arbor and now going nuts trying...
stevef25
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™